Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Getting Closer

Dear Nicholai,

I think we're getting closer to seeing you! Today is the 25th of May. Your mom has been having painful contractions for most of the day so far, and... your grandma and grandpa are arriving in boston from Texas in about an hour!

I checked in on base this morning with Andrea (trying to figure out our trip to California) and we came home to eat (chicken nuggets and fries) before picking up your grandparents. Your mom is contemplating going into the hospital today, although she has an appointment at the clinic this afternoon. So, maybe they will decide if it's time or not.

I changed out of my uniform and had to think twice about the clothes that I put on because of considering staying in the hospital and how we'll look in your first pictures ever. It's a funny thought for me.

I also was remembering today, the first time your mom told me that she was pregnant and how the time has flown past so quickly to this point. Andrea said that she needed to talk to me and sort of apprehensively told me she was pregnant. I was most definitely excited, but also had mixed feelings about what our life would look like with a baby. Over the last nine months, I've been able to piece everything together both mentally (in the sense of having to think about logistics and career development) and physically (in the sense of buying all the stuff you will need when you come into this world).

I really want you to know that I am truly very excited about your birth and I can't wait to raise you. I've really been pouring over a full flush of memories and experiences about how I was raised and the relationship I had with my own dad. It's a special relationship that will be an incredible experience for both of us.

Your mom is pacing around in our apartment experiencing painful contractions. We may be getting very close!

I'll try to write again today or tomorrow.

Love you lots.
Your dad, Justin

No comments:

Post a Comment